Most of the one-on-one hypnosis I do is carried out online through video and audio calls. Because it’s online, some of the responsibility for setting up a good environment rests with you.
If you’d like to have a successful online hypnosis experience, take the time to go through each item in this article.
To have the best possible online hypnosis experience, be sure to set up your environment so that you’re safe and comfortable, and so that people, pets, sounds, and notifications are unlikely to disturb you.
You will also need to ensure that I can clearly see your face, and that you have a good enough headset that we can clearly hear each other.
For online coaching, video is typically not required. Online hypnosis works best when I can see you since I have more feedback to judge your state.
Step-by-step Instructions For Successful Online Video Hypnosis
Here are the step-by-step instructions. Be sure to work through each item before your call:
- Find somewhere quiet to experience your call. This can be a room or a vehicle.
- Find somewhere safe in that location for you to sit or lie down. It is important that you won’t come to any harm if you fall asleep. Chairs with armrests, sofas, and so on are typically best.
- Ensure that your device is supported in such a way that its camera can see your face. Usually this means resting it against something. It is generally a bad idea to try holding it yourself.
- Have a headset. Usually the one that came with your phone is fine.
- Install Zoom (or another application we have agreed upon) and test that it works prior to the call.
- Ask any other people not to disturb you for at least 2 hours.
- Put out any pets.
- Turn off television, radio, streaming services, and anything else that makes a sound or displays moving images. Do not assume that you can simply ignore them. Hypnosis doesn’t work like that.
- Turn off notifications on all of your devices and set the ring tone to silent mode.
- If you need to do something else on the same day, set an alarm to go off no less than 2 hours after the call is scheduled to start.
- Have a glass or bottle of water handy.
- Remove any contact lenses.
- Show up on time for your call.
If you take your call inside a vehicle, be aware that it may be a little while before you can drive after the call ends.
For more in-depth instructions, check out my article on getting hypnotized online.
Booking Your Online Hypnosis Session
It’s generally best to have a quick discussion with me prior to your first session. This enables both of us to work out to what extent I can help and how many sessions might be required.
I typically only open up a few sessions at any point in time. All other appointment slots are created after one-on-one discussions. Appointment slots can be created when I am available between the hours of 9pm and 9am UTC.
Options for having a chat with me are given on my contact page. At the time of writing, these include Facebook Messenger and my experimental public Discord server.
And if you’re ready to make an appointment right now, you can do that in my online hypnosis booking system.